Bournemouth University is offering sports scholarships for international soccer players for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course delivered at Bournemouth University, UK.
The sports scholarship offers funds to help students improve their athletic ability and graduate to a higher stage. Soccer players that apply for this scholarship must be exceptional. Be a high-performing athlete with the motivation to continue developing both athletically and intellectually.
The BU Sport Scholarship is provided to high-level athletes who wish to study at BU at either the postgraduate or undergraduate level. The scholarship is intended to give you the financial resources you need to further your athletic ability.
- Entry: Courses will begin in September 2022 and January 2023. Scholarships cannot be postponed.
- Eligibility: Any student interested in doing a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate study at BU.
- Nationality Eligible: The sports scholarship is open to both UK/EU and foreign students.
- Worth: The scholarship’s worth is from £500 to £5,000 and covers coaching, equipment, tournament entrance costs, and travel expenses.
- Available places: Can go from 45 to 50 depending on the availability of funds.
- Deadline: The application deadline is August 31 if your course begins in September, and November 30 if your course begins in January.
You can apply to benefit from up to £5,000 as funding to cover coaching, equipment, competition registration costs, travel expenses, and/or support services.
You must succeed in your chosen sport, be a member of a Regional, National, or International squad, and perform at that level. Scholarship recipients will preferably represent BU in the BUCS programs (Team and Individual), as well as themselves and/or their club at regional, national, and international levels.
Individual athletes will also be required to compete with the best performers in the BUCS program.
If you are given a scholarship, you must meet with the Sports Performance Manager to assess how the funds will assist you throughout the year, commit to joining 75 percent of training sessions, represent BU in sporting competitions as much as possible to boost the profile of Sport BU’s activities and be featured in promotional materials.
You will be required to attend a trial procedure and be evaluated by our coach as a requirement for your application for a BU Sport Scholarship.
You must include a recommendation from a High-Performance Coach or National Governing Body coach with your application. If you aim to apply for a sport that is not part of our performance BUCS program, you will have to include two references with your application.
Scholarships are evaluated on a regular schedule, and the institution maintains the right to remove, modify, or add new scholarships at any time. Scholarships are available based on funding and availability. Unless otherwise noted, the scholarship is only available for your first year.
If you are a postgraduate student pursuing a research degree, you will encounter terms that are relevant to your study and financing. For detailed information, please visit the official website: